Limited Time Specials
Take $90 off any order over $299
Next Day Delivery
Free Overnight Shipping
Free Overnight Delivery On Orders $180 and over.
Designers Frames Sales
Up To 70% OFF
Act Fast! Limited Quantity
* Take additional 15% off any lenses CODE LENS15
Designers + Lenses Special
15% Off Lenses
Take an additional 15% OFF when you order discounted designer frames.
* (Ends 9/30/23)
Shipping and Rush Fees are not subject to discount
15% Off Orders
15% OFF Your Order of Regular Priced Frames and Lenses.
* (Ends 9/30/23)
Excluding Rush Fee & Designer Special
New Lenses For Your Frames
Free 2nd Day Air Shipping
Free UPS 2nd Day Air On New Lenses Orders $150 and over.
Lenses for Your Black Prescription Glasses
When you choose black frames, you have a foundation for nearly any look - formal, high style, minimalistic, classic, or bold. Selecting a color for your lenses can make all the difference. Any color goes with black but what goes well with your personal style?
Consider rose gold, cascade, or cosmic gradient for a warm, vibrant look. Silver or chrome mirrored lenses are a go-to bold choice. And grey lenses are much more minimalistic and classic.
The color doesn’t change the ability of Overnight Glasses to add any high-quality prescription lenses to your frames of choice.
Blue light blocking lenses are vital for those who want to block high energy blue light and avoid interruptions to their circadian rhythm.
You can choose to wear your glasses without prescription lenses. However, for those who do want their prescription added, we can add the prescription and ship them overnight, or within three days for progressive prescriptions.
All lenses are treated with the best finishes, such as premium anti-glare, UV protection, and a scratch-resistant coating. We never sacrifice quality for speed. At Overnight Glasses, we make sure it’s all possible - any prescription, any black frame, and fast delivery.
Great Shapes for Black Colored Prescription Glasses
Finding the right frames for your face shape is the first step to getting the perfect pair of black prescription glasses you’ll love. Step two is to consider the color and material you want.
Step One: Frames For Your Face Shape
For example, round and oval face shapes should choose angular shapes like rectangular and browline frames.
Square, diamond, and heart-shaped faces are able to wear rounded frames to soften the angles of their face.
If you aren’t sure what face shape you have, a great way to find out is to stand in front of a mirror with your hair pulled pack, if necessary. Then trace the shape of your face with a dry erase marker or your finger on the mirror.
Compare the outline of your face with the face shapes illustrated on the Overnight Glasses face shapes page.
Step Two: Materials and Colors
Once you’ve selected frames that suit your face shape, the next option is to choose the materials you want.
- Wireframes are low profile. Choosing black wireframes is a way to add a touch of understated boldness to your frames.
- Something like browline glasses offer the option of a bold color along the top of the frame, which can add a bold accent to your face without having to commit to thick black frames. The frameless bottom helps break up the color and bring attention to your eyes.
- Thick acetate frames, on the other hand, are a great way to celebrate a modern aesthetic. They are often selected by people who are adventurous and like to stand out.
The last choice is to select the type of black color you want.
- Clear black glasses are an option for those who don’t want to commit to all black glasses but want the boldness of a touch of black. This works exceptionally well when you decide on browline, cat eye, wayfarer, and clubmaster frames - all frames that look great with color combos.
- Matte black frames are also a great way to commit to going black without making your glasses stand out as your primary accessory. Matte black is used by those who want to stand out but prefer a more understated aesthetic. Matt black looks great on any frame. It’s more about the shade than the color. Try matte black on aviators, rectangle frames, wayfarers, and oversized glasses.
- Lastly, high gloss black is always an option. That bright shiny finish says you are there to be seen; you are adventurous and committed to style but are not without class. A shiny black finish looks great on any frame, but wearer’s often choose square, rectangle, and round black frames to help them make a statement.
So, you’ve settled on black Prescription glasses. You now know how to choose the best frame style for your face shape. And you have the info you need to choose the right material for your lifestyle and preference as well as the best type of black color (e.g., clear black or duotone, matte black, or shiny black) to express your style and personal aesthetic.
Don’t forget that Overnight Glasses always prioritizes quality over quantity. We’ll make sure your prescription lenses are exactly what you need, have high-quality protective finishes, and we’ll get them to your doorstep fast.